These things have a great pumpkin taste. They are good for a snack on the go.
Not very sweet but if you want more of a cookie taste add a little stevia.
Thanks to THE GRACIOUS PANTRY for this one.
Pumpkin Spice Protein Bars
(Makes 15 bars)
1 1/2 cups quick oats
1 cup peanut butter (I skippy natural)
1/2 cup Agave nectar
1/2 cup pumpkin (I used canned and organic)
1/2 cup apple sauce (unsweetened)
1 cup whey protein powder
2 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice (no sugar added)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 1 – Roast your oats for 10-15 minutes on a cookie sheet (Or until they turn a nice golden brown). Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Step 2 – Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Step 3 – Spread dough to 1/2 inch thickness in a baking dish or 1/2 sized cookie sheet.
- Step 4 – Bake for 20 minutes or until the dough has a nice golden brown appearance.
- Step 5 – Allow to cool. Slice into bars and store in a Tupperware container or Ziploc bag.
1 serving = 1 bar
Total Fat: 10 gm
Saturated Fats: 2 gm
Trans Fats: 0 gm
Cholesterol: 0 gm
Sodium: 84 mg
Carbohydrates: 25 gm
Dietary fiber: 3 gm
Sugars: 11 gm
Protein: 13 gm
Estimated Glycemic Load: 12
Nutritional Information estimated at Nutritiondata.com. Data may not be accurate.